I will admit it, I’m a kitchen gadget freak. I love to cook, any kind you name it, cooking, baking, grilling, and anything in between I love to do. So, with this love of cooking anything, I am completely excited about kitchen gadgets. If I see something new that I don’t have I need to have it.
Therefore, I am sure you can guess that I have tons of kitchen gadgets, and some I am absolutely in love with, and wonder how I ever did without them, and others I could care less about.
- My kitchen sink faucet. Weird thing to love, I know but I do. It’s a faucet made by Delta, its one of their touch faucets. It’s amazing. At first I wasn’t crazy about the faucet, it took some getting used to, but now that I have had it for over a year, I’m in LOVE. If you happen to see my tapping your faucet, and looking perplexed as to why it hasn’t turned on, you now know why. I for some reason just expect all faucets to work that way now.
- Immersion Blender. This is perhaps one of the best $20 I’ve spent in a long time. I haven’t had it that long, and I’ve used several times. It’s the best thing in the world for blending soups, and well I’ve been making a lot of different soups of late. I really haven’t used it for anything else, yet. Although, it’s been worth it’s weight in gold with the blending of soup. I no longer need to transfer the hot soup to a food processor in batches. I simply stick the immersion blender in my stock pot and blend away.
- Talking of stock pots, I have several, but 2 that I am in love with. The first is a multi-cooker stock pot. It has the pasta insert and steamer basket. It gets used a lot. More for pasta than steamed vegetables. And, well that’s mainly because I tend to grill, saute, or roast vegetables over steaming. And, well pasta I tend to eat that quite often, although, I’ve laid off of it a bit. The second stock pot I’m in love with is my cast iron enamel pot. It’s my go to pot for making soups in. I don’t know what it is about the pot that I love so much, because well it’s heavy, but I just love it. Maybe, it’s because cast iron reminds me of my grandparents house, my grandmother used to always cook in here big cast iron pans.
- And, well since we are on cast iron, I also love our cast iron pans. We have a regular frying pan, and we also have a grill pan with a panini press. No, electric panini press for this girl. I get out my cast iron grill pan and press. I let them heat up and make some amazing grilled sandwiches to go with our soup. The only thing with cast iron is our pans are in need of some re-seasoning soon, and well that’s a process and I’ve never tried it before. I’ll be researching that for a bit, to find the best and easiest way to do it.
- Cuisinart Food Processor. I love this thing. It’s rather large I have the 14 cup one, so you can imagine the size of the thing. But, the best part of the food processor is that it has a smaller insert of 9 cups. So I can do smaller things in it. It of course has all of the blades and disks with it, and came with a storage box for all of the stuff. It works great for keeping everything in one place and together.
- Soda Stream. Well this thing makes life awesome. I use it to make sparkling water, and of course different sodas. It works great, and leaves space in my fridge. I don’t have to have a ton of sodas in the fridge because I can make any flavor in about 30 seconds.
- Keurig Mini. Neither the husband or I are coffee drinkers, but there are so many other things you can make in the Keurig. Hot chocolate, teas, lemonade, and chai to name a few. And, well I also have some coffee around for those times when we have coffee drinkers over for a visit. We had no need for a coffeemaker, but the Keurig fit the bill.
- Kitchen Aid Mixer. Now, I have the mother of all mixers. I wanted it that way, and well the husband, before he was the husband, surprised me and bought me the mixer I wanted. Sure he could have gone with the smaller one that was definitely going to cost less, but he went with the big one. He scored major points for that. I have the Professional 600 series, and when I say I can mix a quadruple batch of cookies with no problem, I mean it. And, well this mixer has definitely seen that, and then some. There are times when I will make several kinds of cookies and make several batches of them. The mixer has gotten a workout over its life and will continue to do so.
- Kitchen Aid Ice Cream Attachment. I have the ice cream maker attachment for my mixer, and if you have a Kitchen Aid stand mixer buy this attachment. It is awesome. I LOVE IT! The husband loves it as well. I’ve made all sorts of different flavors of ice cream with it. I have even made my husband’s favorite flavor of ice cream, Moose Tracks. It’s a process to make the ice cream but well worth it. The homemade ice cream tastes a billion times better than anything you buy in the store.
- Silicone Baking Mats. I don’t actually bake on them, but I use them to roll out dough. And, well it works amazing for that. The dough doesn’t stick to it, I still put some flour down but I need very little. The clean up is real simple as well.
- Marble Rolling Pin. I know seems a crazy thing to buy, but it was worth every penny. It’s heavy but I haven’t had any problem with dough sticking to it, and it rolls out the dough fairly even without even trying that hard. If you happen to see one, it may be something to consider.
So there you have it some of the things I love in my kitchen, I’m sure there are more things that I’d put on the list if I thought about it, but these were the things that were on the top of my head. Plus, I’m sure if I get a new kitchen gadget I’ll be sharing it with you.